Tuesday, June 10, 2003

This-or-That Tuesday

1. "The Munsters" or "The Addams Family"?
The Addams Family.

2. "The Sopranos" or the "Godfather" movies? The Godfather films. The Mario Puzo novel is a decent read, too.

3. "The Jetsons" or "Lost in Space"? The Jetsons.

4. "Superman" or "Batman" (either the TV shows or the movies)? Batman. Especially if he's played by Val Kilmer! (Yeah, I'm one of the few people who actually loved his Bruce Wayne!)

5. "Sex & The City" or "Friends"? Sex & The City. MUCH funnier and much, um, sexier.

6. "The Wizard of Oz" or the "Harry Potter" movies? As much as I enjoyed the Harry Potter movies, The Wizard of Oz still takes the cake. And, not to start to sound like a broken record, The Wizard of Oz is a good read, too!

7. "The Simpsons" or "King of the Hill"? The Simpsons! Now, if that had been The Family Guy instead of King of the Hill, I may have had a harder time deciding. It still would have to be The Simpsons, though.

8. "Grease" or "Saturday Night Fever"? Saturday Night Fever. I mean, come on! The Bee Gees wrote the soundtrack!

9. Old prime-time soaps: "Dallas" or "Dynasty"? Neither.

10. Not very thought-provoking this week...do you prefer TV shows or movies? That's a tough one. The Movie Magic is always more potent than anything television could ever weave. Still, with a television series, the characters grow on you in ways characters in film cannot. I think I'd have to give the edge to movies, though, in terms of preferred medium.

There's just something exciting about the sense of community you get from sitting in a darkened theatre with a hodge-podge of strangers with varied tastes. Each one of you, despite your differences, has rallied round a common cause--even though that cause may be a mere movie and the fellowship may last only an hour and a half.

I prefer books over all of these, though. I like to work for things--I don't want a world handed to me on a silver platter. I like it when somethings are left up to the imagination.

No comments: