Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's sad, but...

I am mostly in agreement with Paul Martin on this one.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say that Jack Layton has betrayed N.D.P. policies and ideals, he certainly has focused an inordinate amount of time and energy campaigning against the Martin Liberals at the expense of critiquing Conservative policies. Jack has virtually let Stephen Harper and the Conservatives "off the hook." And I'm not happy about that.

What makes me even more unhappy is that, increasingly, the N.D.P. campaign has seemed more like a campaign against the Liberals than a campaign for a progressive, socially responsible and fiscally accountable government.

But more on this later (and there will be more! I've LOTS of ire in store!). I have to finish preparing a presentation on Foucault's "Of Other Spaces" for my Archive in European Culture class tomorrow.

No comments: