Monday, January 02, 2006

And since I do love a good project...

In addition to the usual health and fitness-related resolutions--which for me include continuing my transition to vegetarianism, and getting back to the gym (I've been terribly remiss in exercising since starting my M.A. in September)--I resolve to take better care of my brain.

And what will that entail, you ask?

I resolve to take better care of my brain in the following ways:

1.) - by trying not to sweat the small things--I really do worry way too much;

2.) - by getting more sleep. I think a lot of my worry-wort tendencies may be tied to my sleep-deprivation. I know this grey-cloud that's been hanging over me lately is certainly connected to it;

3.) - by learning another language (German), while continuing to study Italian and French; and

4.) - by reading five to ten books apart from those I have to read for school. (Pardon the flexibility ("five to ten"), but I've resolved to make resolutions that are manageable and--surprise!--achievable.) The first book out of the gates? Becoming Vegetarian: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Vegetarian Diet by Vesanto Melina and Brenda Davis. What better way to ensure that I keep my resolutions than by combining them?

Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments: