Friday, March 05, 2004

Friday Five

What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name?
Mrs DeMarco. She was great--very nurturing. And I happened to be fortunate enough to have her again for grade two (she taught a lot of split classes), and for grade four.

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon? It's a toss-up between Scooby-Doo and The Smurfs. I know. How original! I also REALLY loved the CBC's The Raccoons, but that was never on t.v. Saturday morning (I seem to recall it airing late-afternoon on Sundays), so I don't suppose it counts. And Strawberry Shortcake was never a series, but a handful of cartoon specials...

3. ...the name of your very first best friend? "Mommy." It's true. Apart from her? My first best friends were Renee, Melissa, and Amber-Lee.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal? Cheerios. The old-school, non-glam kind. And cream of wheat. Mmm... My healthy eating habits/preferences started at a young age. You know, come to think of it, I could go for some cream of wheat right now.

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school? Apart from vegging out in front of the television (which happened VERY infrequently when I was young--my mom liked to limit how much t.v. we watched), I always loved reading--horse stories, mostly. I graduated to the Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High serieses and L.M. Montgomery's Emily books, as well as Madeline L'Engle'sAn Acceptable Time (how many times did I read that?!)

I think--nay, I know--my mom was concerned about all the reading I did. She always tried to get me to go outside to play. And while I loved the outdoors, I always preferred the company of a good book to another human being. There are times when I still feel that way...

No comments: