Sunday, February 01, 2004

The morning after

Charity Ball came and went last night (maybe I'll post a pic of me all gussied up once I get the film developed--have to still finish the roll first). Not a bad experience, but I've still had better. There are a number of things that would have made my time there more enjoyable.

But I really don't want to get into them.

Just know that a mere three hours before the Charity Ball was supposed to start, I was curled up, weeping through the phone to my mother.

And now this morning (yes, morning--when you get to bed around four and wake up at 1 p.m., 2 p.m. is still morning) I just want to crawl back into bed. Would it be so wrong to hibernate today?

I think I deserve to.

But I probably won't.

I'm far too self-indulgent anyway.

Instead, I'll curl up in front of the t.v. with a bag of microwave popcorn and maybe a cup of coffee or two. I'll try to put my mind to working later on. Right now, nothing'll get done.

It's going to be another one of those days.

No comments: