Saturday, July 26, 2003

Friday Five (Yes, I know it's really Saturday. I credit my tardiness to question four...)

1. If your life were a movie, what would the title be?
The Lines You Amend. Yes, I know that's a title for a Sloan song, but it's an appropriate title for my life story, too. To me, that title alludes to a tension between what is and what only seems.

2. What songs would be on the soundtrack? Hm. I think a bio-pic about me would have to have a score. By Philip Glass, the man who composed the music for The Hours (beea-utiful stuff!) Or by Sigur Ros. I know Air has scored movies (The Virgin Suicides). I wonder if Sigur Ros ever would?

3. Would it be a live-action film or animated? Why? Live-action. I don't think my life is the fodder for cartoons. Plus, I find animated films to be less imediate than live-action. I think that when one is telling the story of a life, one needs that immediacy more so than if one were relating an allegory or fable.

4. Casting: who would play you, members of your family, friends, etc? I have agonized over this question, but I think I finally have a cast I could live with:

Me: Ashley Judd
My sister: Kate Beckinsale
My brother: Hayden Christensen
My mom: Kathy Bates
My dad: Beau Bridges (or Sam Elliot)
Ryan: Russell Peters
Kerri: Portia de Rossi
Jess: Charlize Theron
Michelle: Sue Mathew
Randy: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Murph: Paul Rudd

5. Describe the movie preview/trailer. In a word: cryptic. Nowadays trailers tend to give away the milk.

No comments: