Monday, February 03, 2003

Good News for Harry Potter fans. The Catholic Church approves. The Reverend Don Peter Fleetwood, a member of the Church's Pontifical Council for Culture, even went so far as to say, "I don't think there's anyone in this room who grew up without fairies, magic and angels in their imaginary world. They aren't bad. They aren't serving as a banner for an anti-Christian ideology."

Yay! Let's hope all those book-burners out there will take note.

On a much more depressing note, my CD player quit. The cassette and radio portions work fine, but I can't play any of my CDs. It quit whilst I was listening to The Local Rabbits' latest, This Is It Here We Go. So if I want to listen to any CDs, I have to listen to them on either my computer or my discman. I love listening to music while I work. But now I can't shut the computer off. And so it's been even easier for me to be distracted tonight. Hence the many postings. But aren't you the lucky one?!

"[S]he's losing [her] mind... And I'm reaping all the benefits!" - John Lovitz in The Wedding Singer.

Listening to "Inner City Blues (Make Me Wanna Holler)" and the rest of What's Going On by Marvin Gaye.


To paraphrase a floormate of mine from waaay back in first-year, I'm getting my learn on!

Or at least trying to...

No comments: