Thursday, February 01, 2007

Baby's first Amazon order.

To celebrate her birth, Becky and Jerry's Emma received a little Amazon package from me. The contents? Two of my own childhood favourites: The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats, and Free To Be...You and Me (on CD--of course, my own childhood copy was on cassette) by Marlo Thomas, Alan Alda, et cetera--two items that are, in my opinion, essential for raising a creative and confident young women!

With help from her mommy, lovely Emma sent me an equally lovely thank you e-mail, which was accompanied by the adorable photo of Emma with her new things that you see here.

I love this photo. It looks as though Emma's already singing along to "William's Doll" and "Free to Be"!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Both of those are on our baby's Amazon wishlist! Free To Be You & Me wasn't part of my childhood, but it sounds so good, and I loved The Snowy Day.

Natalie said...

Free To Be is fantastic. But be forewarned: the songs are very catchy. Mercifully, they're also smart, funny, positive, and nowhere near Barney-annoying!