Monday, October 10, 2005

I am thankful for... NEW GLASSES!

I am loving my new glasses! Honestly, I don't think I've ever felt sexier in a pair of specs...

So Thanksgiving came and went. I admit, I'm pretty pleased with the amount of work I got done this weekend, all things considering.

All things considering:

- I finally got to see Corpse Bride. It's not The Nightmare Before Christmas, but I still enjoyed it and I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD. I just LOVE the animation;
- I had an optometrist's appointment and then I had to look for new glasses. Success!;
- I attempted to find professional, yet funky skirts for the wintery weather approaching. No such luck. What a waste of time that was;
- four words: Hockey night in Canada (oh, that feels good to type!); and
- I got to spend some quality time with my family and my brother's girlfriend over a little wine and a lot of turkey.

My only real beefs with this weekend: 1.) it was too damn short; and, certainly more upsetting, 2.) I didn't get to visit with my sister, who I miss very much! Her bosses scheduled her to work Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, so there was no way she could make the trip home. And they so kindly gave her today off and screwed her out of time-and-a-half.

Anyway, I suppose I should get some actual work done. For someone who really didn't have much to unpack, three hours is an AWFUL long time to drag out the unpacking process...

No comments: