Saturday, March 05, 2005

Going somewhere fast(ing)

Today is the first day of a massive, herbal detox I'm doing. I'm still allowed (limited) solid food, but only for the next few hours. Tomorrow it's on to the liquids (and the non-soluble fibre mix and water.) I'm already a little light-headed and fatigued, but that's supposed to pass. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

So why am I doing this cleansing fast? Well, beyond the fact that studies have shown that fasting has an amazing, rejuvenating effect on the body and its energy level, I had promised myself (as part of my New Year's resolution) that I would try to cut back (not cut out) on the refined sugars (I have a wicked sweet tooth!) My problem is that I can't quite master the cravings. I'm hoping that when all the built up garbage is cleansed from my system, I'll have an easier go of it.

I'll keep you posted on that, too.

On the grad school front, a week ago this past Wednesday I received a more formal offer of admission from my department. Their letter also included a generous offer of financial support, of which a teaching assistantship is a part.

And it looks like things are shaping up as far as living arrangements go. Last Sunday I bought this fabulous little dinette. Solid wood. Got a good deal, too. And I may actually have an apartment to put it in, too! I just got an e-mail from Stella, one of my friends from my days as an undergrad who just so happens to be doing her grad work at Western. She's got some leads on potential roommates for me. Yay!

And I'll keep you all posted as far as that goes, too!

I have to go lie down now. A nap'll just hit the spot.

No comments: