Wednesday, February 04, 2004

The Village

M. Night Shyamalan's new movie, The Village (currently slated to open July 30, 2004), has its official site up and running. Go check out the trailer there, if you haven't already done so at Apple's QuickTime page.

Add this to the list of movies I want to see: Joaquin Phoenix AND Adrien Brody in a Shyamalan flick. How can I lose?!

I truly believe Shyamalan has a brilliant sense of style. I'd rank him right up there with Sam Raimi (yeah, I know I've bitched about the Evil Dead flicks. I maintain, though, that Raimi still is the master of atmosphere. And, although I was unsatisfied with Unbreakable* and felt that Shyamalan revealed a little TOO much in the last few minutes of Signs, Shyamalan--I think--is close behind as far as style is concerned.)


* - Granted, I DO want to give Unbreakable a second viewing (and have wanted to do so for a while.) I think it's the kind of film you need to see more than once to fully appreciate it.

No comments: