Monday, January 05, 2004

After The Toronto Sun's own list of movies to look forward to in 2004, here's my own list of the flicks I can't wait to see:

1.) Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (February 20)
2.) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (March 19) (A cool [though unfinished], little official site this pic's got!)
3.) Jersey Girl (March 19) (Yes, I know there's the Bennifer factor. But there's also the Kevin Smith factor, so I'm there.)
4.) Troy (May 14)
5.) The Stepford Wives (June 11) (A remake of one of my favourite movies. I have to make sure the don't fuck things up.)
6.) Closer (December 1)
7.) The Aviator (December 17)
8.) Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (December 24)

I'll probably see the new Spiderman (July 2) flick as well as the next Harry Potter (June 4), but it's not like I'm waiting with bated breath for their arrivals.
5.)

Movie I'm curious about, but hesitant to support: Mel Gibson's The Passion of the Christ (February 25) (You've all heard the controversy--the accusations of anti-semitism--by now. Now I ask you, can you--nay, should you take in a film whose rumoured politics turn your stomach?)

Movie I plan on avoiding, but will probably see because I can't restrain the philologist/Medievalist in me: King Arthur (July 7). (I know what I'm going to write next goes against every feminist idea I hold, but Guinevere could NOT be the warrior woman that this interpretation has her being! I won't give you a history lesson. I'll just leave it at this: I just may be curling up with my copy of Malory's Morte D'Arthur instead.)

[All release dates mentioned are tentative.]


*Afterthoughts:*

Kill Bill: Vol. 2's North American release has been pushed back to April 16.

And I forgot to mention that I want to see Hidalgo (March 5).

No comments: