Wednesday, September 03, 2003

The move went well and I'm more or less settled back into my apartment (the internet was even hooked up when Rogers said it would be!) I've been having problems sleeping soundly, but that'll come soon enough, I'm sure.

I met up with my mentor/former creative writing prof yesterday. I gave him a copy of the new play. I'm excited to hear what he has to say about it (he said he'd get back to me in a week or so.) I mean, it still needs some polishing/tweaking, but--over all--I'm pretty pleased with it. I think it really is one of my most accomplished pieces.

I still need to meet with my thesis advisor. I sent him an e-mail yesterday (from campus--our internet was connected only just over an hour ago), but he never got it. Server problems, I guess. I sent him another e-mail today. At least, if I don't hear from him, I can stop by his office tomorrow; I'll be on campus all afternoon.

Tomorrow'll mark the start of my final year as an undergraduate. As per usual, I'm regarding the whole process with an equal mixture of excitement and trepidation. Well, maybe with a little more trepidation. I'm not concerned so much with the academic side of things; I've always done really well (sadly, too often without really trying.) I'm worried more about my health. I don't want a repeat of what happened last year. I'm not planning on it happening, but I didn't plan on all that happening last year. It just happens. And that makes me nervous.

No comments: