Wednesday, September 10, 2003

How someone can sleep in and miss a 12 p.m. class--I just don't understand. Too bad incomprehension doesn't preclude action. In fact, I think it often facilitates action. It certainly did here. Crap.

At least I didn't miss much. And the prof already knows me and likes me (I had him last year), so I know it won't be an issue. At any rate, I feel very well-rested today.

I met with my thesis supervisor and all is well. I was worried for nothing: he was very understanding.

For the first little while, I'm going to be doing a lot of readings in the foundations of structuralism/post-structuralism, and its in influence on Italian poets. I won't really be working with the poetry itself until a little later. Even then I think I'll be working more with the theory (during my meeting, I really emphasized that I wanted to take a theoretical approach to things.)

So everything's shaping up spiffily.

And on that note--before I head off to fix myself some dinner--I wanted to say thank you to all of you who expressed concern for me as far as my adventure on Sunday went. I don't think any of us needs to worry, really. I was weirded out, not worried (I know I probably sounded worried here, though.) I'm confident that it was an isolated incident. Still, I'm sure I'll be more cautious.

All's well that ends well. And my night is going to end with a yummy dinner and some engaging reading.

No comments: