Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The following post ideas, um, "borrowed" from Teh:



What Flavour Are You? Cor blimey, I taste like Tea.Cor blimey, I taste like Tea.


I am a subtle flavour, quiet and polite, gentle, almost ambient. My presence in crowds will often go unnoticed. Best not to spill me on your clothes though, I can leave a nasty stain. What Flavour Are You?


Well, I'm not that quiet, but I am polite and, consequently, I do get ignored by bartenders and passed over in crowds.


----------------


If I were...

If I were a month, I would be March. Changeable. A little unpredictable.

If I were a day of the week, I would be Thursday.

If I were a time of day, I would be 3 a.m. It's an hour on the cusp--not quite early enough to be considered "morning" and not quite late enough to be considered "evening." It's an hour full of possibility.

If I were a planet, I would be Mercury because of the astrological significance more than anything else. Mercury is the planet of communication. Not that I really put much stock in astrology, though.

If I were a sea animal, I wouldn't exist at all. If I lived in the sea, I'd definitely be part of a giant kelp forest--too ambitious to be happy where it stands, always reaching higher.

If I were a direction, I would be every-which-way.

If I were a piece of furniture, I would be an armoire (full of secrets) or a bookcase (full of ideas).

If I were a sin, I would be pride.

If I were a historical figure, I would be Sarah Bernhardt. I see myself as a pretty versatile creature.

If I were a liquid, I would be water for the same reason I'd be Sarah Bernhardt.

If I were a tree, I would be a mallorn tree. ; )

If I were a flower/plant, I would be morning glory (I've always loved its foliage and blossoms!)

If I were a kind of weather, I would be a thunderstorm.

If I were a musical instrument, I would be a cello.

If I were an animal, I would be a domestic cat--just the right balance of independence and sociability.

If I were a colour, I would be green.

If I were a vegetable, I would be a sweet green pepper.

If I were a sound, I would be the wind through the trees.

If I were an element, I would be water.

If I were a car, I would be an '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. Though I'm capable of following directions, I prefer to do my own thing.

If I were a song, I would be "Moon River."

If I were a movie, I would be in black and white.

If I were a book, I would be written in Modernist, stream-of-conciousness prose. I can be overwhelming at times, but I make a lot of sense in the end.

If I were a food, I would be my mom's bruschetta and everyone would love me!

If I were a place, I would be Tir na n?g.

If I were a material, I would be raw silk.

If I were a scent, I would be the smell after the rain.

If I were a word, I would be "melancholy."

If I were a facial expression, I would be a smirk.

If I were a cartoon character, I would be Joan of Arc (from "Clone High.")

If I were a shape, I would be an octagon.

If I were a number, I would be six. I was born on the sixteenth day of the sixth month. How could I be anything else?

No comments: