Friday, May 30, 2003

Proof that Lord of the Rings fans spend way too much free time on-line: a Lord of the Rings personality test based on the Myers-Briggs/Keirsey personality tests, which finds correlations between your personality and personalities in Tolkien's novel (not Peter Jackson's film version).

My results are as follows:

Galadriel, the Lady of Lorien

Like many elves, Galadriel has a rich inner life and a level of mystery. Although elves say both yes and know [sic] when sought for counsel, their insight is valuable. She has exceptional empathic abilities.

You are likely to be quiet, and gentle, enjoying helping other people grow and realize their potential. Others may view you as mystical. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.


I made my younger sister take the quiz; she's like Denethor. She's also a music nerd.

Friday Five

1. What do you most want to be remembered for?
Believe it or not, there is something above my writing for which I want to be remembered: I'd like to be remembered as a person of integrity, sensitivity and wisdom.

2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life? "This above all: to thine own self be true." - Polonious in Hamlet by William Shakespeare

3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year? Having my play produced was a highlight for me.

4. What about the past ten years? See above.

5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say? See answer number one.

Afterthoughts
I can't believe I forgot to mention it: I am so proud of my little brother right now! Tonight I took in his performance as Marius in the local high schools' production of the school version of Les Miserables. He was SO good. I'm just so proud of him.

No comments: