Tuesday, May 27, 2003

A blog hodge-podge

More naval-gazing


After visiting Teh's site, I decided to take an Enneagram test. According to that test, I'm a type two ("The Helper") with a one wing ("The Reformer"). However, I don't think I really favour either of these types. I feel I'm more of an equal combination of two (seven of my test answers corresponded to type two, while six corresponded to type one).


And the "'What the Fuck?!' Award" goes to...

The potential employer who told me that she'd call me the next morning because she needed someone to come in and train with her. And then DIDN'T call!!! All aboard the crazy train...


But there is a God!

I got a phone call from one of the businesses on my Dream Places of Employment (yes, I do have a list--a home office, though, still claims the top spot). It's a health food/naturopathic medicine store. And I HAVE AN INTERVIEW THERE TOMORROW! Yay! Things may work out for the best!


A little too much information...
My quirks at a glance courtesy of This-or-That Tuesday


1. Do you prefer silence or do you like background sound (music, TV, etc)?
It depends what I'm doing, but--ordinarily--what I do tends to be done against a background of music.

2. Bathe/shower in morning or evening? Shower. In the morning. It helps me wake up. But when I treat myself to a bath (bubbles, candles--the works)--that's done at night.

3. Sleeping in complete darkness, or with a nightlight on? Complete darkness. I don't even like light coming in from under the door. If there has to be light, though, let it be moonlight, streaming in between the slats in my venetian blinds or gaps between the curtain and the window pane.

4. Lay out clothes the night before, or just grab what's closest in the morning? I'm a grabber, but I usually have some idea of what I'm going to wear before hand.

5. Hang up/fold clothes neatly, or just toss them wherever? Who has time to iron?! I'll hang up or fold clothes to avoid breaking out the iron.

6. Work out at a gym, or at home on your own (or do you not bother with exercise)? I prefer to do my yoga in the privacy of my own bedroom. It allows me to focus more on the breathing/meditation aspect than a yoga class does (though classes are good, too, because of the greater variety of postures I'll end up doing.)

7. Talk on the phone, or via IM/e-mail? None of those. I'm one of those relics who actually prefers conversing via snail-mail. Or--better still!--conversing in person. But, if I have to get a hold of someone quickly, I'll resort to the phone or e-mail.

8. Are you usually on time, or late? I'm either right on time or late. Hangs head in shame.

9. Spendthrift or frugal? Lowers head even further. I'm a bit of a spendthrift. Want proof? In the last eight months I've acquired about thirty-five CDs--of which only about five were gifts and a quarter were used. Some people invest in mutual funds; I invest in my CD collection.

10. Thought-Provoking Question of the Week: You work with someone who is not in the habit of bathing regularly. The smell seems to be getting worse and worse! Would you: 1. try to do something about it, or 2. try to grin and bear it? If you said 1, what would you do? What an all-round uncomfortable situation! I think that's always one of those damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situations. Either way you risk embarrassment to your colleague (if you tell him/her, you're causing outright embarrassment; if you don't say anything and he/she realizes his/her problem down the road, there's that outright embarrassment AND retrospective embarrassment.) I suppose, though, that not doing anything could be most damaging in the long run.

But what would I do? I don't know. This is the sort of thing where tact becomes impossible. It's not like you can offer them a stick of deodourant the same way you'd offer someone with bad breath a stick of gum or a mint. I'm just not sure how I'd handle the situation.

Am I copping out? Yes. Did it work?

No comments: