Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Bah. Nothing like job hunting to make a girl miss whiling away the hours in classrooms, listening to inane lectures!

I have a two hour job interview this afternoon. Yikes! I have a feeling it's going to have a lot in common with a soph carousel (programming stations, problem solving/role playing stations, et cetera). If that's the case, I have nothing to worry about. My carousels went well. Aftr all, I was selected to be an Orientation Week soph.

I still hate this looking, though. This searching--I feel like I'm whoring myself, pandering my tricks of the trade, selling my skills to the highest bidder. Nothing like job hunting to make a girl feel cheap.

Some diversions I was lead to by Becky:

A poem generator which, well, generates poems from the contents of your websites. Here's one for this blog:

Portrait of Blood
to
bring in music sounds eerily
familiar... Jim page paper
on over And The success
of America,
The City the Ages:
htmlGEAR.com take my favourite
late night Kerri and
come home. The
thing I finally saw Manhattan last night. Kerri
and The Dears
or maybe this
one! paper is that I
realize anew what
pretentious european writer extraodinaire!
Where: Aquaint yourself with Scanners:
The weather at the world, is a
fool, but I just want to us Canadian Broadcast
Corporation The rest
of fact!Hm.


Something every Danteist does from time to time: try to place his or herself in the Dantean cosmos.

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very High
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Moderate
Level 2 (Lustful)Low
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Low
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Very Low

Take the Dante's Inferno Test

And finally...

The Guardian's Lit Pop Quiz:

You scored 9 out of a possible 10
Born to be Wilde
Congratulations. You are a literary genius. You clearly have spent far too many warm summer days indoors writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg. Go out and get some fresh air and buy a Gareth Gates record. (and if you don't know what we're talking about, you're a lot less sad than us)


Okay. So I'm not familiar with Dire Straits' "Romeo and Juliet." But I know my Lit Brit Pop. Just in case there was ever any doubt.

Well, I'm off to cavort with Keats and Yeats. We're in training for our upcoming tag-team match against Morrissey and Oscar Wilde. Heh.

Oh! And before I forget to ask, guess who's going to see the Foo Fighters? Yes, that's right. Me.

No comments: