Friday, April 11, 2003

So the war is over? And how do I feel about it now? Strangely, I'm still as conflicted as I can be while remaining adamantly pro-peace. I know. That's confusing. It's confusing for me, too. Am I glad that Hussein's regime is gone? Yes, of course. That's a stupid question. But I still have a problem with the means of removal.

Maybe this Guardian article by Julian Barnes will help you to understand what I'm talking about.

On a different note, Quebeckers go to the polls on Monday. As usual, I'll be watching closely to see how they vote, as--at least since the 1970s and Rene Levesque--which ever party governs the province of Quebec significantly affects the political dynamics at the federal level.

In the past few days, there has been an interesting turn of events in the provincial election campaign. I'm anxious to see how it will pan out.

Well, I'm off to study for tonight's Italian final. Wish me luck!

Listening to "Indestructible" by The Matthew Good Band.

No comments: