Friday, March 07, 2003

Natalie's Favourite Albums
1.) London Calling by The Clash

2.) ( ) by Sigur Ros

3.) "Strangeways, Here I Come", Hatful of Hollow and The Queen is Dead by The Smiths

4.) Revolver and Rubber Soul by The Beatles

5.) Parachutes and A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay

6.) Underdogs by The Matthew Good Band

7.) Pulse by Pink Floyd (the only live album worth owning!)

8.) Rumours by Fleetwood Mac

9.) Splendor Solis and The Edges of Twilight by The Tea Party

10.) Love in the Time of Science by Emiliana Torrini

11.) You Were Here by Sarah Harmer


Natalie's Favourite Books
1.) The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

2.) The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

3.) Changing Heaven by Jane Urquhart

4.) Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

5.) Barometer Rising by Hugh Maclennan

6.) Demian by Hermann Hesse

7.) 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell

8.) The Wars by Timothy Findley

9.) The Magic Toyshop by Angela Carter

10.) Swann by Carol Shields

11.) Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town by Stephen Leacock

12.) Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King

13.) Cassandra by Christa Wolf


Natalie's Favourite Flicks
1.) The Lord of the Rings - yes, I'm including all three here even though I won't see Return of the King until this December.

2.) The Last Unicorn - a childhood favourite. I haven't seen it in years, but it's still a favourite. Christopher Lee and Mia Farrow have voice credits.

3.) Elizabeth - only recently saw this flick after years of longing to see it! And it didn't disappoint!

4.) Annie Hall and Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex But Were Afraid to Ask - two words: Woody Allen. Now, three more words: hysterical and intelligent.

5.) Quadrophenia - based on The Who's concept album of the same name.

6.) The Godfather - yes, all three here, too. Do I have a preference? Even thought the first two are MUCh better films, the much maligned third installment has the Andy Garcia factor...

7.) Fast Times at Ridgemont High - #7-9: what can I say? I'm an '80s junkie!

8.) Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club

9.) St. Elmo's Fire

10.) Grand Hotel - set in Berlin in 1937, it's a beautiful that defines ensemble acting (Greta Garbo, Joan Crawford, Lionel Barrymore, John Barrymore top the list here.) Truly a treat.

11.) The Three Faces of Eve - Joanne Woodward's acting tour de force.

12.) The Stepford Wives - edited to add. How could I forget this flick?! No matter how many times I watch this movie, it never fails to agitate and spark my critical faculties.


I know these lists typically only have ten movies in them, but in many cases, I just couldn't narrow it down! The good news is that I'll spare you the lists of my favourite poems and plays...

No comments: