Monday, March 24, 2003

I'm so glad that it's raining at the moment. We're in need of a good rainfall. Or, at least, we are near my building. They're doing construction across the road; they're putting up another building, I think. The road is just a mess. They started last week when the snow was melting and the road became muddy over the course of the bulldozers' and dump trucks' comings and goings. Now that everything has dried up, you can't imagine the dust! It was a little on the windy side and vehicles seemed to make a point NOT to do the speed limit. Waiting for the bus was not a good time (and, to top it all off, it was late! Stupid LTC!)

The dust will do wonders for my sinuses. Allergy season is coming early. Look out fellow allergy sufferers--I'm already starting to suffer. And that sinusitis just cleared up! Oh, I know. Whine, whine, whine. But gimme a break. I'm so sick of feeling sick. When you have as many problems with your sinuses as I do, then you may criticize.

On the upside of things, the weather was so gorgeous today that I walked home from campus. Yup, I did. And it only took me about forty-five minutes. Not bad if I do say so myself!

What made today even better, though, is that I saw two friends I hadn't seen in a while. The first was my ex-roommate Melanie (she's not living with Paulina and I anymore because she decided she wanted to work as a don in residence.) I met up with her for an hour and proofread one of her papers. I generally enjoy editing people's papers (there was one of my frosh whose papers I couldn't stand editing, they were so bad! Really, the way this person wrote made me wonder how s/he got out of high school!) I really enjoy editing Mel's papers, though. They're always interesting and well-argued. It makes my job so much easier. I just correct a bit of grammar/punctuation here, an MLA citation there... It was so nice to see Mel. I'll be calling her shortly to plan another visit. This time, though, it'll be a real one; we'll have more time to catch up.

After my class, I bumped into Peter, an aquaintance. It was quite the coincidence, as I was just thinking about him the other day, wondering if he was still going to school here or if he had gone back home to the Sudan (until today, I hadn't seen him at all this year.) It was great to see him. He's such a sweetheart; he picked me up and gave me a big hug when he saw me. I asked where he had been hiding (it would be truly a feat for him to conceal himself--he's over seven feet tall!) He's just been really busy with his course load and his job. He's not sure where he'll be next year (he's trying to finish up his degree this semester), so we exchanged e-mails to keep in touch. And I plan on it. Peter's always such a ray of sunshine. Effervescent. Everyone one should kow someone like him.

Anyway, back to the grindstone (ie. Italian.) C'e vediamo.

Listening to "I Know It's Over" by The Smiths

No comments: