Wednesday, January 01, 2003

It's always interesting to find out how those who are closest to you perceive you.

Last week, my friend Randy told me that, seeing as I'm only 21, I'm well on my way to becoming madder than Tolkien who is rumoured to have begun "losing it" (pardon the crudeness) in his sixties. I know I've heard stories about him randomly speaking Elvish...

Want to speak Elvish yourself? I can't help you there, but I can direct you to a site that will translate English text into various Elvish dialects for you. I've been having fun here so far.

And I've been really enjoying my free time to read over the holidays. Unfortunately, I've done almost none of my reading for school. *Admonishes self.* I guess I'm going to have to do some work tomorrow.

My New Year's Eve was a quiet one this year. I'm still not feeling well. I spoke to Kerri, who is also sick, the other day. Her mother, a nurse, told her that there are four different viruses circulating in our area. That explains, I suppose, why my brother, sister, Kerri and I all seem to be suffering from different symptoms. Mine's only a head cold. For now, anyway. At least I've been sleeping more lately. That bodes well for my white blood cells' germ killing action! And, of course, it bodes well for me, too.

Beyond just my need to feel healthy. I have to run errands tomorrow. And I'm supposed to try to get together with Mr Ex for coffee and some catching up some time before I head back to school on Saturday.

Even if I do feel better tomorrow there is one visit I'm not sure I should make. I've really wanted to visit with my friend Alison during my break. It's been so long since she and I have talked. Kerri and I were going to stop by her new place to see the house and her baby (Phoenix--she's almost a year old and apparently is as adorable as her mother). But if we're just getting over illnesses it's probably not a good idea to risk exposing the baby to something. Whatever viruses we have should be beyond the contagious stage by now, though. Hm. We shall have to see what Alison wants.

Oooh! And Aimee and I are getting together late Friday afternoon to discuss my play. I'll get to see the blocking she's done and we'll discuss lighting/sound cues, rehearsals (Aimee's already mailed out a schedule, but we'll probably discuss a timeline to achieve certain things from our actors), costumes, running crew, et cetera. Eeek! Have to say I'm a little nervous about the production. Not with regards to the direction, though. I'm worried my actors won't have their lines down by the time we have our first rehearsal (one week from today), which will be less than a month away from the play's performance. Thank goodness it's only a one act play! Unfortunately, there's still a lot of dialogue to be learnt and rehearsed.

Please keep my actors in your thoughts. For the next month, their dedication (or lack thereof) will be the fulcrum upon which my mental health will depend.

No comments: