Monday, January 27, 2003

Eeep! Tonight's the full dress/tech rehearsal. We have exactly seventy-five minutes to get the timing between our lighting and sound people just right.

I think I'm nervous enough for everyone involved.

What if, on Wednesday, the adjudicator hates my script? What if he thinks I'm utterly daft and have no business being let loose upon the literary world? Yes, I know it'll only be one negative opinion, but I can't help wanting everyone to like my work. Why is it that I too often look to others for validation? I know that it is only I who can make myself feel truly validated...

I must calm down. All this worrying is making me doubt my own writing. I hear lines I've written and am embarrassed at their sound. Why? WHY?! Where's my confidence gone to?

Listening to "Nights on Broadway" by the Bee Gees.

No comments: