Tuesday, September 24, 2002

I just stumbled upon a blog whose author actually had the guts to post her own creative writing on-line. That's not a put-down; I'm just marvelling at how ballsy that is. Really.

I don't know if it's an act of self-preservation or arrogance, but I refuse to post anything I intend to send to publishers. Though few people visit this blog and most people in this world are honest, you never know who could stumble across your work and choose to, um, imitate it (best case scenario--imitation is supposedly the highest form of flattery) or outright lift it. Intellectual property laws are very tricky when it comes to the internet, seeing as how the internet generally lacks systematized mediation.

I guess that's why I discount on-line journals as possible venues for my writing...

No comments: